Ending 2018 on a high note
Arabia Monitor Monthly
Florence Eid-Oakden, Ph.D, Chief Economist
Robin Mills, Energy Analyst
Charlene Rahall, Mingqiao Zhao, Chafic Mouharam, Analysts
We tackle the following questions:
- What was at stake politically and economically for UAE-UK ties if a rift were to have erupted over British student Matthew Hedges?
- How will Saudi Arabia’s newly inaugurated Wa’ad Al-Shamal project in the northern border region contribute to the Kingdom's total phosphate production? What piece of Vision 2030 does this deliver?
- Iran will struggle, but survive, US oil sanctions in Arabia Monitor’s view. Why?
- Two years after the November 2016 currency devaluation, how is the Egyptian economy performing and what key challenges remain?
- Why is Algeria backtracking on some of its planned economic reform measures?
- How is the UAE using its strength in key industries such as aviation to tap into niche sectors in China?
Arabia Monitor’s MENA Monthly publication provides a timely snapshot of most notable recent developments in the dynamic MENA region. Our analysts get past the news to deliver the core, forward looking conclusions that markets-oriented readers look for.
To access this report, please click here.