The Middle East in the Brave New World: Geopolitics, China, Oil, COVID-19 & beyond
We are thrilled for our upcoming webinar on Wednesday, June 17th, on the MENA Economic Outlook post COVID-19 with our Chief Economist Dr. Florence Eid-Oakden, in conversation with Naji El Haddad, Middle East & Africa Regional Manager at UFI. This session is brought to you as a collaboration between UFI, the Global Association for the Exhibition Industry and Arabia Monitor.
The session will address pressing issues facing governments and businesses alike with an overview on the economic outlook in the region and the opportunities ahead. Topics include:
- Influence of COVID-19 crisis on globalization (or de-globalization) and the global trade and supply chain – focus on China-MENA trade relations.
- Lower oil prices and their impact on GCC economies.
- The economic outlook in the MENA region with a focus on the UAE economy.
- Impact of the current dual crisis on jobs in the UAE and the region in general.
- Quick overview about the impact of exhibitions postponement on economies with a focus on Expo 2020 re-scheduling impact on the UAE economy.
Join us on June 17 at 12pm BST time for a briefing and Q&A session.