China Marketing Associate
Arabia Monitor’s China Marketing Associate position is designed to provide experience that is relevant to future careers in the field of business development and research analysis on Sino-MENA related markets and topics. Our associates benefit from mentoring, hands-on training and teamwork that equip them with the skills and tools to carry out macroeconomic, sector-specific and investment related research.
To be eligible for the position, candidates should:
- Have a MENA background and a degree in economics, economic history, or political economy are preferable as this would facilitate understanding of the product
- Have a fluent/native command of English and Mandarin Chinese (both written and oral). Arabic or Farsi is a plus.
- Always think strategically and relate current market trends with the growing ties between China and the Middle East and North Africa.
- Have competitive writing skills in both English and Chinese, previous experience in media or PR is a plus.
- Have quantitative and computer skills.
- Possess relevant experience in marketing and sales of research/publications.
- Have a proven track record in digital and web-based marketing
- Demonstrate strong strategy, communication and interpersonal skills
About the China Marketing Associate Position:
- By studying the local press, International Financial Institution assessments, academic publications and other research reports, you will be required to develop a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of Sino-MENA relations.
- You will be responsible for performing research and writing reports to assist the team in the regular publication schedule including weekly Country Views and Regional Views reports, Monthly reports and quarterly MENA Outlook reports.
- Your research will need to be based on fundamental macroeconomics to draw linkages between different sectors of an economy, with special emphasis on the impact of regional and global developments on Sino-MENA relations.
- As part of the research process you could be at times required to travel on business trips to China and the countries of coverage, set-up meetings with decision makers in the private and public sector to conduct field work research.
- You will need to possess good communication skills to participate in monthly conference calls that the firm holds for its clients to discuss house views on countries of coverage and answer questions.
- In-depth understanding of Sino-MENA coverage means you will become a reference for clients seeking ad hoc insights on particular developments. You will also responsible for helping the Chief Economist prepare for media appearances.
- As a member of the Arabia Monitor marketing team you will be responsible for building diversified marketing strategies to optimise sales levels and reach targets.
- Your marketing strategies will need to be measurable by key performance metrics and you will be responsible for evaluating different channels for efficient and effective decision making on how to proceed.
- Building on frameworks already in place you will have to develop the marketing strategy as the team and firm grow. You will have to be an organized and systematic individual who can follow through the implementation of the marketing strategy by different members of the team.
Building and servicing client relations
- Your responsibilities will revolve around interpersonal relations with current and potential clients. You will be taking the lead on maintaining good relations with current clients to ensure they are satisfied with the service and are retained.
- You will also be working closely with different members of the team to develop the firm’s network of potential clients. Your job will be to identify which suitable leads and establish contact with them to get them subscribed to the firm’s services.
- Another main aspect of this position requires seeking out new potential clients to subscribe to the firm’s services.
- In order to effectively present and build brand awareness, you will need to have a keen interest in the product’s content and preferably a native understanding of the MENA region. By reading the publications, participating in internal Analyst Calls and Client Conference Calls, you will have to assimilate the firm’s house views and discuss them convincingly with potential clients interested in the firm’s analysis and insights.
Online and offline media communication
- You will need to be technologically adept with an ease in dealing with Photoshop/Illustrator to support the team in creating the print and online ads that promote the brand.
- You should also be technologically savvy and have worked with website back-office content management systems as you will take the lead in ensuring the firm’s four language website is running with no glitches and offers an engaging user experience.
- You will work with the firm’s web-design team to maintain the website and resolve any issues that might arise. You will also be required to collaborate with the web-design team to develop new and engaging ways to reach users including periodically ensuring the site is up to date with design trends and establishing a mobile app presence for the firm.
- You will be collaborating with a young and dynamic team and will be expected to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to deliver on targets and deadlines while maintaining quality.
Office is based in London with frequent travel to MENA. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm.
Competitive salary in-line with analyst market rates in the City of London.
Apply with your CV and cover letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants who have made it through the first round will be contacted.